Saturday 16 July 2016

ARG's

Wiki says "An alternate reality game (ARG) is an interactive networked narrative that uses the real world as a platform and uses transmedia storytelling to deliver a story that may be altered by players' ideas or actions."


You can find a few of these on YouTube and below is one that seems only have been running since January this year. I will be highlighting a few others in later posts.

The games normally consist of codes and hidden clues and secrets that people have to work out and follow to find a message or meaning behind it all.

This channel uses Hex code along with others.  You can find decoders on the net just by Google searching for them.

I have not yet seen all the way through this channel myself but I am working my way through and have decoded some of the Hex in earlier videos.  The video 'Nervous Hex.avi' is numbers and letter read backwards.  I downloaded the sounds and ran it through Audacity to flip it.  Then I typed them in to a converter online and it said 'Northampton State Hospital Hassachusetts'.  No idea if the typo is intentional or not.  This is just an example of the kind of thing you might be looking for to follow an ARG.

UPDATE: I have gone through more of Slob Room and the channel has changed now with the creator talking about ARG's and YouTube channels.......still in the mask though.






No comments:

Post a Comment